Monday, November 9, 2015

Stress, packing and some pop-tarts.

We have had a huge amount of FedEx, UPS, and USPS traffic over the last few weeks.  Johnny discussed in his blog post ( http://www.hackersforcharity.org/hackers-for-charity/zero-to-3d-printing-robots-and-prosthetics-in-uganda-with-the-ultimaker2/ ) that I would be bringing another 3d printer to help with Prosthetics Printing.

Add to this the XCarve I donated and all the normal stuff, plus all the Thanksgiving prep and we have a world class case of too many suitcases.  If you read United's policy you see a per-piece policy.  If you read the Emirates policy, they do it by weight.  This means I will probably get charged twice and in various ways.  (I just checked into the United flight and it didn't flinch at both Becky and I having 3 bags so we may have dodged a bullet.)

Here is a crazy amount of stuff to pack.

(Lots and lots and the X-Carve isn't in the photo.)

So we have been packing, planning packing and stressing about packing so much we aren't able to enjoy the fact that we are taking a journey, one with challenges and one that will be rewarding.

I hope you have way less stress in your day.  Here is a video of a time-lapse we did for the initial hour long packing session.


  or via googledrive

I'll get to the pop-tarts later.

No comments:

Post a Comment